After losing his 2015 debut – he finished second to G. G. Ryder in a one-mile allowance race on the turf on New Year’s Day – Pepper Crown is not expected to be the public’s choice in Saturday’s 1 1/16-mile allowance feature on Tapeta. Golden Gate Fields morning-line maker Steve Martinelli has Pepper Crown listed as the 3-1 third choice in the field of six behind 2-1 favorite G. G. Ryder and 5-2 second choice Tamarando.G. G. Ryder, who has seven victories in 15 career starts, and Tamarando, the 2014 El Camino Real Derby winner, are both trained by Jerry Hollendorfer. A jackpot-style wager held on the final six races each day, the Golden Pick Six is only paid in full when there is just one perfect ticket with all six winners. When there is more than one ticket with all six winners, 70 percent of the net pool is paid to those handicappers going 6-for-6 and the remaining 30 percent of the pool is carried over to the next racing day. Pepper Crown was sent to the gate at 10-1 in the $63,170 Rolling Green Stakes on Sept. 1 and paid $23.20 after winning the 1 1/16-mile turf race by a head over Salah Champ. Pepper Crown was 15-1 when he completed his stakes hat trick in the Grade 3 $100,315 Berkeley Handicap onNov. 30. Pepper Crown won the 1 1/16-mile race on the synthetic Tapeta racing surface by1 1/4 lengths over G. G. Ryder and paid $23.20.A California-bred son of Peppered Cat, Pepper Crown went 6-for-14 in 2014 with two seconds and two thirds, earning $272,937 on the year. First post Saturday is 12:45 p.m., and post time for the eighth race is 4:24 p.m. The field for the $33,000 allowance feature, in post position order with riders and morning-line odds, is as follows: Quick and Silver, Frank Alvarado, 7-2; G. G. Ryder, Ricardo Gonzalez, 2-1; Where’s Pepper, Carson Sullivan, 30-1; Pepper Crown, Juan Hernandez, 3-1; Tamarando, Russell Baze, 5-2; and Mobilized, Dennis Carr, 6-1. Since being hit for $8,391 on Dec. 27, the second day of the winter/spring meeting, there had been 31 consecutive racing days without a singular winning ticket. Although fans across the country can play the Golden Pick 6 via simulcast wagering, it’s likely a Bay Area resident got the money as the winning ticket was purchased at Golden Gate Fields. The drought came to an end Friday when one lucky handicapper correctly selected the following winners in the Golden Pick 6 sequence: Princess Ofst.jude ($61.00) in the second race, Awesome Silver ($9.20) in the third, Kat Proof ($7.00) in the fourth, Prince Charmant ($14.00) in the fifth, Kimnjet ($9.20) in the sixth, and Global Harbor ($9.00) in the seventh. Owned and bred by Alex Paszkeicz, Pepper Crown made his stakes debut in the Grade 3 $100,315 San Francisco Mile on April 26 and came from just off the pace to post the biggest upset in the 64-year history of the feature. Dismissed at odds of 46-1, Pepper Crown defeated6-5 favorite Summer Hit by three-quarters of a length in Northern California’s top turf race and paid $94.20. ALBANY – The 20-cent Golden Pick 6 was hit for $363,424 Friday at Golden Gate Fields when only one ticket nailed all six winners in races two through seven. The ticket was purchased on-track for just $9.60. There were no winning favorites in the Golden Pick 6 sequence. Upset Specialist Pepper Crown Runs Saturday – The racehorse Pepper Crown, who will compete in the eighth race at Golden Gate Fields Saturday, can relate to the late, great comedian Rodney Dangerfield, whose signature line was, “I get no respect.” Pepper Crown won stakes after stakes at Golden Gate Fields last year while getting no respect from handicappers.