Once report is made, Medical Council will get involved – Dr Rambarran

first_imgDeath of 14-year-old at Suddie Regional HospitalMuch is being speculated as to what resulted in the blood poisoning and ultimately the death of 14-year-old Rabindra Khagaram, who was being treated at the Suddie Regional Hospital, Region Two, for ankle pains.14-year-oldRabindra KhagaramAt this point, it is unclear as to whether the Public Health Ministry has launched an investigation into the matter, but according to the Chairman of the Guyana Medical Council, Dr Navindranauth Rambarran, if a report is made requesting an investigation, then the Council will also become involved.“It has not been reported in that regard in the news. If someone, or when a complaint actually arises out of such an incident, the Medical Council can get involved. Any entity that has received the complaint, the institution itself can complain about it, the individual can complain and then by the law, the Medical Council can act on it in receipt of the complaint,” he told Guyana Times on Thursday.A Post-Mortem conducted on Khagaram, who succumbed at the Suddie Public Hospital, revealed that the boy’s blood became septic and this led to his death. Reports are that the teen, a former student of the Anna Regina Multilateral School, began complaining of pain in his ankle on Sunday while he was celebrating his 14th birthday.He reportedly started crying out for pain his left ankle and as such, he was taken to the Suddie Public Hospital. According to information received, the teen was given an injection and antibiotics.He was sent away and upon arrival at home, he went to bed since he told relatives that he was feeling drowsy. His mother stated that soon after her son woke up, he started to cry out for chest pains and without hesitation, he was rushed back to the hospital.He was seen by another doctor, who administered another injection and prescribed some tablets.At about 02:00h on Monday morning, the mother went to her son’s room to check on his condition but found that his body was extremely cold and he was perspiring heavily.Again, she took him back to the hospital where he was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) but took his last breath a few hours later.last_img